AMP Video Outperforms Display by 58% for a European Pub
The publisher is a fast-growing Formula 1 and motorsport news website with millions of engaged monthly readers in Europe.
Growing AMP page views with a marginal increase in AMP revenue due to:
- Monetization limited to display units
- No AMP-compatible video unit added on AMP pages
To identify a way to increase revenue by adding an AMP-compatible video player, similar to what’s achievable on the standard web.
iion Solution Implemented:
- Replacing a standard 300*250 display unit with iion's AMP-optimized video player.
- Bringing in additional demand through the player via header bidding.
- Utilize a Display secondary ad unit, when the video doesn’t fill the auction
- Video typically sells at higher rates and as a consequence, Sold CPM saw a drastic increase of 24%,
- Interestingly, the overall ad unit fill rate was also higher by 22%, as the iion solution features a secondary display unit when a Video Pre-roll doesn’t win the auction.
- This meant an overall jump of 51% in overall Ad Unit RPM and a Revenue Boost of 58%